Your gift will be put to work right away to help our mission of preserving and protecting archaeological and historic places and artifacts throughout our region. We thank you so very much for your kindness.
- The Grant County Archaeological Society is an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation/public charity.
- We respect our supporters' privacy.Your information is used only by us. We do not share information with any other organization.
- If donating by standard mail, please Download Donation Form, print it, fill it out by hand, and mail the completed form with your check to: Grant County Archaeological Society, PO Box 1713, Silver City, NM 88062.
- PayPal processes our online donations. Once you click on any of the yellow "Donate" buttons below you will be forwarded to PayPal where you will then enter your secure PayPal, credit, or debit payment information. After payment you will be redirected back to our website for further information.
- If you have questions about the donation process; need to give us further information about your gift; or would like to make your gift by telephone, please call our current president, Marianne Smith, at (772) 529-2627 or Email us at [email protected]. You can also learn more about additional donation options here.
The Coinman Grant Awards: Established in the 2018/2019 academic year, the GCAS's Nancy Coinman Grant Awards recognize and support graduate-level students of anthropology and archaeology. This program would not have been possible without Nancy Coinman's original gift and the continuing generosity of Bill Arvidson and his family. Please join them to help graduate research continue in our region. Read the full story here.
The GCAS Education Fund supports local students at the elementary to secondary school levels as they learn about historic and archaeological sites located in their own back yard. Your funds provide everything from basic instructional materials to helping schools cover the costs of bus transport to and from the outdoor museum classrooms and open-air, multi-station, experiential workshops the GCAS offers as part of the Mimbres Archaeological Research and Education Center (MAREC) at the Mimbres Culture Heritage Site. We also use these funds for community outreach, offering the general public educational tours and other events. We are especially grateful for the generous and sustained support of Gerald Schultz in fostering the education of our area's youth.
The GCAS Library (currently non-circulating) is located at the Mimbres Culture Heritage Site as part of the Mimbres Archaeological Research and Education Center (MAREC). Your support improves access to the Library and pays for necessities ranging from basic office supplies to replacing scientific books that were lost in decades past. Please check out "Our Wish List" on Amazon to get an idea of the kinds of supplies and books that we currently need - by either purchase or donation.
Join the donors whose continued support is helping our Library grow. We would like to especially thank the following individuals for their generous donations:
|Allard and Nadine Bartlett||Kathy Hill||Francis Parsons|
|Nancy Coinman, PhD||Margaret Hunt||Cal & Barbara Salars|
|Mary E. Daniels||Mel & Betty Johnson||Gerald Schultz|
|Jack Desvaux||Linda Martin||Arch Slate|
|Pearl T. Dodds||Paul E. Minnis, PhD||Robert J. Stokes, PhD|
|Patricia A. Gilman, PhD||Ann Owen||Judy Welch|
General Donations: our Board of Trustees can direct any unspecified donation to wherever they determine the greatest need is at the time. We thank our donors, including Bill Arvidson and family; Rick and Kathy Brown; Nancy Coinman PhD; Carolyn O'Bagy Davis; and John Lathrop, for their generous support in this way.