If you've scrolled down this far into our blog you will have already passed the announcement of the ASNM Meeting and all the linky goodness it contains for registrants and other interested parties. [Bat image via Mimbres Design, Black Range Station, San Lorenzo NM.]
But GCAS members have extra opportunities offered exclusively to them: We need everyone in our group to help in various areas to make this event a success and you have lots to choose from! Consider:
Committees to handle assorted tasks have been forming and there is one to suit every preference. Friendly and experienced guidance will be provided to all. Please sign up ASAP - like, really, ASAP - for one or more of the following:
- Hospitality - be the face of the GCAS! Welcome attendees; process registrations; prepare swag-bags & visitor information; and more.
- Facilities - be a roadie! Set up, rearrange, and take down tables, chairs, AV equipment, and displays as needed; and more.
- Program - schedule the day's presentations; support the emcees with the proceedings; double-check what the roadies are doing with the AV equipment; arrange displays and posters; and of course, more.
- Field trip - coordinate attendees and their box lunches with the leaders (already assigned) of the 5 field trips we offer;
- Silent Auction - assemble books, art, and other desirable items for a fabulous fundraising adventure.
Sign up now! and get further details from:
- Marianne Smith via email@example.com, or
- by contacting the GCAS's own ASNM Event Coordinator, Bill Hudson, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- by reaching out to our GCAS President, Kyle Meredith, at email@example.com.