ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF NEW MEXICO ANNUAL MEETING 2019
Hosted by the Grant County Archaeological Society
Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28, 2019 at the Murray Hotel, Silver City, New Mexico
Mimbres and Beyond: Archaeology of Southwest New Mexico and
Connections to the Wider Region
The Murray Hotel, 200 W Broadway St, Silver City, NM 88061
Website: https://www.murray-hotel.com; Telephone: (575) 956-9400
- The preferred rates for the 2019 ASNM meeting is $79.00 per night (before tax) for a standard queen bed and $84.00 per night (before tax) for a standard king bed - single or double occupancy.
- The Murray Hotel is offering attendees the preferred rates for the dates of Thursday, April 25, 2019, through Saturday, April 27, 2019, only. The hotel’s regular rates apply to all other dates you may wish to book.
- Please carefully consider reserving your room at the Murray Hotel as soon as practicable, because the Tour of the Gila annual cycling race is scheduled for May 1-5, 2019, and lodging throughout Silver City is expected to be quickly booked.
- To make reservations: please call the Murray Hotel’s front desk/reservation number at 1-575-956-9400 and provide the block code, “Archaeological Society of New Mexico” to receive the preferred rate.
- You must provide a credit card or deposit at the time of your reservation to guarantee the room.
- The drop date is Sunday, March 31, 2019. After that date you may still book at the Murray Hotel based on room availability and at their regular rates only.
- Cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the date of arrival.
Some Additional Downtown Hotel Options:
The Palace Hotel (just down the street –106 W. Broadway)
Website: http://www.silvercitypalacehotel.com/ Telephone: 575-388-1811
There are a number of motels located on Hwy 180 east of Silver City, which offer a variety of lodging options:
FRIDAY DINNER and SATURDAY LUNCH are “Dine on Your Own”: There are numerous restaurants within easy walking distance of The Murray Hotel. Several are located along the entire length of the Historic Downtown’s main north-south street, Bullard; and other restaurants and coffee shops are located along east-west streets including Yankie and Texas Streets. Due to the increased demand at this time of the year, it is advisable to make Dinner reservations in advance of Friday night Dinner. We will have an updated Restaurant List available with your check in materials, or your can do an online search:
If you have any questions on any of the above, please contact:
William Hudson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 575 536 3092